Thursday, May 13, 2010

in the love of music


A self project that I had set for myself. A series of posters for different bands and a design of their CD, the album cover art which I did as well, looks like the poster but just in an album cover format so I didn't post it on here.



I'm planning to make the art for the poster in to a T-shirt design, it will be posted here once I make it! =o)




An old school mate from high school is in this band, Halfway Kings. She is an amazing singer and they are a very talented band that makes chilled music. I decided to make a poster and a CD design for them. Here's a link to their blog, check their music out: http://halfwaykings.blogspot.com/. You'll see my poster design on their blog too, I was happy to hear that they liked it. Though, the design on their blog has a different colored background it's in purple but in order for this series to go together I made it gray for myself.







As you can tell, I love this band! haha. In some ways their music inspires me in my creativity, listening to their song 'Black Crow' made me produce this art work. Their music helps me out through a tough day sometimes. I saw them live in London and I have to say, it was one of the best gigs I have ever been too..so far ;o). Check them out if you can! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FlJYPBTyqU)



1 comment: