Saturday, July 2, 2011

Project- Soul Magazine

The brief of this project was to make a cover page, an index page and a two spread page article for "Soul Magazine". It was a music "magazine" and we each had to choose a genre or genres (if we wished) and a style for our magazine. My music genres was acoustic folk and indie, I wanted the style of my magazine to be illustrative with colors that match the genres of the music. On the cover is none other than the musician, Devendra Banhart (if you haven't heard of him, you must check him out) and on my two page spread I decided to have the article based on a band called the Bowerbirds (in relation to my drawing of them, scroll down to see). Other than that, I had to create my very own "Soul" logo. My magazine was based on acoustic folk and indie bands, therefore, my Soul logo was a guitar and it had a woody field to it to go along with the genres as well as the type I chose for it. I chose the simple typography for the rest of the magazine because the illustration and colors were already so brought out that I didn't want the type to be a distraction.



The Cover of the Magazine





The Index Page






The Two Page Spread














No comments:

Post a Comment